Practical Help -- Satisfying Growth
For more than 25 years, Jill Shugart, MA, MFT,
has been helping individuals,parents and couples
build more satisfying personal and family lives.
JIll's work--as a psychotherapist; as a marriage and family therapist; as a preschool director; as a parenting consultant; and as a parenting workshop leader--
has provided significant assistance to people
seeking to achieve results that matter----
- living more joyful, fulfilling lives
- managing the stresses of living in today’s competitive, materialistic culture
- learning the art of effective communication
- repairing troubled relationships
- developing family harmony
- helping children realize their capabilities and function with greater self-confidence
- creating new confidence for parents in raising their children to be self-reliant individuals.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in normal child and family development
- Expertise in collaborating with clients in a way that allows them to solve their own problems
- Dynamic, experienced workshop presenter
- Utilization of practical and proven information which people can immediately implement in their daily lives
- Ability to sharpen people's insights into the beliefs and attitudes that keep their ineffective behavior in place
- A full life experience which enables Jill to draw upon examples from her own life as a parent and a partner to illustrate how positive change can happen.
- Currently in private practice with offices in Berkeley and Walnut Creek, working with individuals, couples and families.
- Former co-director of the Gan Ilan Preschool, in Lafayette.
- MA's in Clinical Psychology and in Early Childhood Education.
- Before opening her practice in 1992, Jill was an early childhood education specialist and director of three separate pre-school programs.
- Trained as a couples therapist at the Couples Institute in Menlo Park, developing advanced skills in significantly helping troubled relationships.
To View the Current Newsletter CLICK HERE